Wednesday, July 30, 2014

SPD July ProjectPea Blog Hop


 Welcome to SugarPea Designs Monthly ProjectPea Blog Hop!! 

Each month we challenge our fabulous team of ProjectPea Designers to create FUN & CREATIVE projects that are sure to make you look at your stamp sets with brand new eyes!
I hope you get my sense of humor....he he he. 
I used the adorable set Blow Me Away to make this Tissue Blox Card.  I used THIS fabulous tutorial by Michelle Suit- go check it out. 
Instead of the 1 1/4" circle Michelle used in her tutorial, 
I used the 1 3/8" spellbinder circle die to make my circle then combined it with the 1 7/8" circle die to make my frames (the first frame I adhered directly to the dp and base then the second I popped up with dimensional tape on top of the first.  I just like this look.

I used a white cardstock base using Recollections White 110# cs from Michaels. 
 This is a nice heavy paper.  Then I used the same dp - Summer Bliss (Echo Park) leaving a 1/16" border all around.  The tissue is just the travel pack you can find at a dollar store etc, I did cut off some of the plastic so I could pull the tissue up through the hole and not see the plastic. 

Supplies
Stamps: Blow Me Away (SugarPea Designs) Paper: Recollections White 110# (Michaels) Summer Bliss (Echo Park)  Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Versafine Onyx Black, Copics: Y17, Y21, YR23, YR02, YR04, YR07, YR09, 0  Accessories:   Scotch Dimensional Tape, Cuttlebug, Spellbinders circle dies, Travel tissue pack, Score Tape  Technique:  Tissue Card Box


The ProjectPeas have pulled out all of the stops with a variety of projects that will spark YOUR creativity. 
Click through to each of their blogs below to see the FUN they have dreamed up. Leave them a little blog love and one lucky commenter will WIN a $15 Gift Certificate to the SPD Boutique.

42 comments:

Patti J said...

Adorable, Lisa! You are so very clever, my friend! Thanks for the inspiration - you blow ME away!

stampinfun71 said...

I love, love, love this idea...it would be so sweet if someone was sick rather than just giving them a card! And the stamps are perfection!

Lesley Croghan said...

Oh my! I love this idea, Lisa! What a fun project! Hehehe!

Claire Creates Cards said...

This is a great idea! What a fun gift for someone not feeling well! LOVE IT! XX

Annette Allen said...

how totally awesome.. i love this.. great idea..

Sue D said...

This is too funny! Very cute idea. I like the Recollections White also.

Julene VanKleeck said...

How sweet would this be in a kids bedroom or bath? Love that little guy!

Bev said...

Dragon is so cute!

Vidya Ramabadran said...

Totally blown away! such creativity! awesome work!

M DelValle said...

very clever and creative!

Kerri said...

What a fun idea! I am definitely going to have to try one of these:) Love it, Lisa!

Irene Grau said...

What a perfect project for the dragon! Love the pun. I really like the colors you chose for the image as well -- I hadn't seen a yellow dragon yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Lynette said...

So adorable, Lisa!

Lisa T. said...

How cute! Sugar Pea has such adorable stamps and clever sentiments. :)

Kathy Straw said...

I love what you did with the Blow Me Away stamp set. This is one of my favorite stamp sets. Your colouring is awesome, love the texture on the dragon!

Wendy Ramlakhan said...

I cannot get over how absolutely adorable and FUN this project is!! This would be so cute to give to someone not feeling well or to teachers to have in their classrooms!! :)

Lori Kobular said...

I love the dragon on the tissue box with the You Blow Me Away sentiment!! It is perfect!!

Miriam Prantner said...

This totally made me chuckle. So cute!

Nan said...

Ooh! This card is so clever! And I love the twist you have put on the cute image!

Sheri (a.k.a PaperCrafty) said...

Super cute project, Lisa! Your coloring is AMAZING!

Beth H. said...

I LOVE this! It would be such a great teacher gift. Classrooms are always in need of tissues!

Mary Holshouser said...

what a fun way to dress up a kleenex box. Great idea.

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely wonderful, this is the most funnest idea Lisa and that little tissue he is holding, well that totally made me smile!

Cathy P. said...

Oh my goodness - this is super cute and creative! What a fabulous little tissue holder!

cghundley said...

How fun this tissue
holder came out! Love
the stamp you used
and would love to
receive one of these!
Carla from Utah

Sharla said...

Awww, I love the little dragon, and how perfect of an image for the tissue box! Clever idea to have him holding tissue...love it!

Patty said...

Awesome tissue box...I so get it!! Thanks for the tutorial link!! Love your papers!

Hamutal Shafrir said...

How adorable! Such a fun project!

Amy C. said...

How sweet is this! Great for a teacher gift!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Blows me away!!! Totally too Cute!!!!!! LOVE the distress dots on the dragon!!!!

Carolyn said...

What a clever and sweet idea.

Jen said...

Hi Sweet Lisa,

This is so super cute!!! I love it!!! Love your coloring skillz, girlie!!

OXOX, Jen

Deann Donohue said...

What a fun and clever idea!! I have to remember this - it would make a fun teacher thank you gift!!!

Indy said...

This is so clever and totally cute! Love that dragon!

loyaz said...

Adorable - love the kleenex idea!!!

Iris said...

So cute - love the image and the background paper.
isoscia at aol dot com

Emily Leiphart said...

Eeek, this is soooo cute, Lisa! I love the tissue box and the way you coloured the dragon. Amazing!

Anita said...

This is one of the cutest projects ever! You are so creative :-)

Rosemary said...

you seriously blow me away with your talent, lisa! your little tissue box is adorable!

Heather said...

OH, that is just too funny! I love the little bit of tissue you added to the dragon. Super cute!

Charity Chamberlain said...

I LOVE this stamp set! The dinosaur is just so precious! I think he looks so adorable on your tissue box and I love that he is holding a little tissue too! Awesome!

Kecia said...

I ADORE this, Lisa! Too cute!

01 09 10