Thursday, May 14, 2009

Words of Gratitude MAY Release


I wanted to do something different with this set WORDS OF GRATITUDE from Clear Dollar Stamps LLC: http://www.newcleardollarstamps.com/servlet/StoreFront

So I masked off the words with masking tape and stamped one word at a time to the 3/4" circle centers. I love how these glass circles look.

I used the Stampin Up Scallop punch for the flowers. Cutting with scissors from the outter edge to the center (after adhering the center circle). Then I sponged each petal pulling up its neighbors as I went, this gives the flower its round form. The inspiration for these cute flowers came from the last Stampin Workshop I attended. Thanks Judy!

I sanded all edges with a nail file, then sponged and stitched. May you be inspired to make your own. Thanks for visiting. Come again.

To see more ideas to do with this set go to this link:http://gallery.cleardollarstamps.com/main.php?g2_itemId=2689


DETAILS:
STAMP SETS USED:Words of Gratitude
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS:Bloom & Grow (Mind's Eye), Espresso (The Paper Company), White (Canson)
INK:Tim Holtz Walnut Stain Distress Ink, Stampin Basic Black
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS:Stampin Up Scallop and 3/4" circle punch, Tim Holtz Ruler, Needle, Paper Piercer, Brown Floss (Making Memories), EK Border Punch, Nail File, Dauber, Glass Circle Stickers (EK Success), Hemp (from Clear Dollar Stamps), Tacky Tape (Michaels), Masking Tape

2 comments:

Gloria Dojlido said...

Great use of this stamp Lisa! Love how you made the sentiment in each flower center too! I love the stitched stems. I really need to pull out my sewing machine!

Grace said...

Lisa this is just the cutest idea!!! It's fun and happy!!! It also looks way cool on your blog bg! :)

01 09 10