Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Color Challenge #239


This is my card for today's Color Challenge "Mellow Whites" on Splitcoaststampers.
Emily's colors are:
Mellow Moss
White
Kraft or Taupe (or any sandy color on the taupe side)

I got to play with this darling new release: WINGED WHISPERS from CLEAR DOLLAR
STAMPS.

WHAT I DID: My card is a standard A2 (4 1/4 x 5 1/2). I made a template for my birdhouse. I cut out the top and bottom from Close To Cocoa, sponged the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain, then adhered to the card with dimensionals. I stamped my cute bird and embossed with Close To Cocoa and punched out, matted and used dimensionals. I thought it still needed something so I stitched the edges.

RECIPE:
ALL CDSTAMPS STAMP SETS USED:Winged Whispers
CARDSTOCK AND PAPERS:Westcoast Hyper White, Close To Cocoa (Stampin Up) (Making Memories)
INK:Close To Cocoa, Whisper White (Stampin Up), Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain
ACCESSORIES AND EMBELLISHMENTS:Heat Tool, Clear Embossing Powder, 1 1/4, 1/3/8 circle punches (Stampin Up), Martha Steward Branch Punch, Sponge, Dimensionals, Handmade Template, Needle, Floss, Paper Piercer

6 comments:

Dawn B. said...

Oh my goodness. This is adorable... I just love the way you added the bird and your stitching is incredible.. My machine just does not like paper..Really nicely done Lisa.. Love this one.

Crystal said...

Lisa WOW you went over and beyond with these colors...this looks AMAZING!!! I ADORE your birdhouse!!! LOVE THIS!

Cassie said...

Wow, very clever and soooooo beautiful, Lisa! Love it ;D

Candy F. said...

I love how you created the birdhouse and the bird is so adorable on it.

Gloria Dojlido said...

Fan-tabulous!!! Totally creative and cute!

Joan Ervin said...

What a cute and clever design, Lisa.....your bird house card is sooo awesome and I love how the bird is holding the fern in his beak!!!!

01 09 10