Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sketch Challenge #270

What a great sketch to play with for today's Sketch Challenge #270.

I just had to ink up this new release of my favorite flower DAISY DUO from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS.

I used the masking technique to do my bg flowers. I stamped the two then used a mask I made from a post-it-note then stamped again overlapping it and just repeated where I wanted. I popped up a white daisy by stamping the two on white paper twice and cutting out the bigger one first the whole flower and second the top petals of the flower. I stamped the flowe again on the yellow dp and cut out only the center. I did not need to use dimensionals. I just pulled up the petals. Also for dimension I just inked the edges.

RECIPE:
CDS STAMPS USED:Daisy Duo
CS/PAPERS:Neenah Solar White (from Clear Dollar Stamps), Kraft, Black (DCWV), The Best of K & Company paper pack
INK:Momento Tuxedo Black (from Clear Dollar Stamps),Pacific Point, Crushed Curry, Basic Gray (Stampin Up), Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Vintage Photo)
ACCENTS/TOOLS:Scallop Trim Border Punch (Stampin Up), Clear Daisy Dew Drops (The Robin's Nest from Clear Dollar Stamps), Post-It-Notes, Tim Holtz Blending Tool, Sponge
TECHNIQUES: Masking, Sponging, Spotlight

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Lisa this is one FABULOUS design girl!!!!! WOW WOW WOW WOW I Love how you used that stamp gorgeous idea girl!!!! Enjoy your Thursday!

K. Joy said...

Wow, this is great! :) I love the colors and all those overlapping flowers! The one white daisy really catches your eye.

Unknown said...

AWESOME card my friend!
Love your hand stamped BG paper!
Hugs,
True :D

Dawn B. said...

Wow this must have taken so much time to stamp.. I LOVE it.. Way to create your own dp.. It looks terrific Lisa.. You are so creative.. Great job...miss you. :)

Chef Mama Lori said...

What a great card! You did some major masking on this my friend & it looks GREAT! I am definitely going to CASE this idea with some daisy stamps I have!

01 09 10