Friday, May 21, 2010

MFT WEDNESDAY STAMP CLUB

This card is for My Favorite Things Wednesday Stamp Club to watercolor. I used my Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils with my aqua pen. I colored in lightly one part at a time then outline darker then pulled the color from the edges with my aqua pen. The finishing detail, I outlined each part with my darkest brown, this made it stand out more. I did not use the aqua pen after that.

I used this sweet image THINKING OF HOO from MY FAVORITE THINGS. As well as their new JUMBO SCALLOP DIENAMICS and MY FAVORITE FELT. Let me tell you about this felt. I purchased it for the first time this month and have been pleasantly surprised. It cuts like paper in my trimmer and my Cuttlebug. I LOVE this stuff. Awesome. I tried a piece of felt from the craft store and it did not cut all the way through when I used my cuttlebug and the jumbo scallop dienamic but this cut like butter. It is awesome IMO.

This is also for the Free For All Challenge BUTTONS AND BOWS on Splitcoaststampers today. Wendy challenged us to use buttons and or bows/ribbon in a different way, to try something different. So I put micro brads through my buttons. The ribbon is a RAK from my sweet friend K and this is my first time using it. I tied it around a square brad that I never use because they are so awkward but it worked here. Yay.


RECIPE:
Stamps:
Thinking of Hoo (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Wassau Exact Digital Hyper White (from Paper Zone), DP (Bella Blvd), Soft Suede (SU RAK from K)
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (from CDS)
Accessories: Faber Castell Watercolor Pencils, Aqua Pen, Micro Brads (Recollections from Michaels), Basic Grey Buttons, Martha Stewart Butterfly Around The Page Corner & Border Punches (Michaels), Square Clip, Soft Suedo Polka Dot Ribbon (SU RAK from K)
Techniques: Watercoloring using Watercolor Pencils

2 comments:

Gingerbread Gal♥ said...

So sweet Lisa! I love the watercoloring! Adorable card!
:) Rach

Julie said...

Fabulous card Lisa! your watercoloring looks fantastic! I love how you used the butterfly punches to create the frame. I couldn't agree more about the felt, it's fabulous!

01 09 10