Tuesday, June 8, 2010

COLOR COMBINATION CHALLENGE #274

Hi. I was happy to be asked by Betty aka gbedwright to make a sample for today's Color Combination Challenge.

I am finding that the Color Challenge is good for me because I tend to use the same colors. I love brights. I tend to stick in that color scheme, my comfort zone. By participating in the color challenge I try colors I never even thought of trying together. Like today's

Ruby Red

Tempting Turquoise

Cameo Coral

Dessert option: Using Ric Rac

This new set from Stampin Up Elements of Style is so pretty. I love it. The stamp does all the work. All you have to do is color it in. Don't have to shade or anything and it looks wonderful.

WHAT I DID:
It is alot simpler than it looks to make. I used my coluzzle template. I first made my card 4 1/2 square then cut my circle leaving some fold at the top.

Next I used a ruler and cut a tiny bit off the bottom to make it flat, so it sits well and doesn't roll. I use the ruler so It is level and not tilted. (I have like a quilting ruler).

I then stamped the flowers how I wanted them knowing I would pop some up so I wanted them to overlap the edge. I did not cut around them. They are chopped off because I stamp after cutting my circle out.

Then I stamped the image on a separate piece of paper and colored and pop up the ones I wanted. (I sponged the popped up flowers with Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Die, really makes them pop). I colored the entire image on the circle first. The SU markers did not bleed through so I did not have to worry about that, but alcohol markers will so you'll need to put something under your card front as you work and will need to make a card liner for the inside.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Elements Of Style (Stampin Up)
Paper: Cottonball White (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Ink: Momento Tuxedo Black (from Clear Dollar Stamps), Stampin Up Markers Ruby Red, Cameo Coral, Close To Cocoa, Tempting Turquoise, Old Olive, Tim Holtz Distress Inks Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
Accessories: Coluzzle, Tim Holtz Blending Tool, Dimensionals

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh WOW Lisa your stamping on this creation is BEAUTIFUL!! I LVOE the circle design card...

Cherie said...

Oh My Gosh! Your card is stunning! I love it! TFS!

01 09 10