Thursday, January 20, 2011

WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE 306

Fun. I love challenges because they teach me so much. I played in today's WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE....ABSOLUTELY GRADIENT ON SCS.


I did not know what Gradient Stamping was. Now I do. It is stamping your image onto an ink pad that has two or more colors. The challenge link has ideas of how you can do this. I just happened to have a multi ink pad from Inkadinkado that I used.


I used this versatile stamp set HEART FLUTTERS and the CUTTIN' UP SVG FILE - HEART FLUTTERS SVG FILES from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS.


Clear Dollar Stamps is now designing SVG files. Information on this and the program to use with them HERE.

I masked off my card front and brayered a border using the Inkadinkado Tropical Rainbow Ink pad. Then I cut out my hearts using the SVG files and my Cricuit then stamped them using the same ink pad. I stitched the border using a variegated DMC floss. This was fun.


RECIPE:
Stamps/Images
: Heart Flutters (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Cardstock/Papers:Cotton Candy, Cottonball White (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Inks/Markers: Momento Tuxedo Black (from Clear Dollar Stamps), Inkadinkado Tropical Rainbow Pigment Ink Pad
Accents/Tools:Cuttin' Up SVG file - Heart Flutters SVG files (Clear Dollar stamps), Sure Cuts A Lot, Cricuit Expression, Computer, Cuttlebug, CB Houndstooth Embossing folder, Paper piercer, DMC Variegated floss, Needle, Mouse Pad, Dimensional Foam Tape, Score Tape (from Clear Dollar stamps), Spellbinders Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Brayer
Techniques:Gradient Stamping, Stitching, Brayer

No comments:

01 09 10