Sunday, July 24, 2011

CAS-ual FRIDAYS CHALLENGE #10


Its time for
CAS-ual FRIDAYS CHALLENGE #12
Here's The Rub


If you like CAS (Clean And Simple) you should play.
I thought I was going to have to skip this one when I saw the theme. Yikes. Rub-ons. I never use them and didn't think I had any. Luckily I found Basic Grey's BLING IT ON pkg in my stash. So I rubbed on the flowers in the corners then colored them with copics, stamped my sentiment, embossed and sponged the corners. Then I added the bling..stickers that came with the rub-ons. Yay. I got to play.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Thank You For Being My Friend (Hero Arts), Bling It On Rub-on (Basic Grey)
Paper: Cottonball White, Hot Cocoa (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain, Copics YG06, R27, Y17, YR07, RV04
Accessories: Cuttlebug, CB Houndstooth Embossing Folder, Tim Holtz Blending Tool
Techniques: Distressing, Rub-ons, Dry Embossing

4 comments:

Jenny said...

What an amazing card Lisa, the houndstooth looks amazing highlighted with ink in the corners....it really focuses your eye to the sentiment :)
Jenny x

Deborah Frings said...

Lovely card - great depth on the embossed backing, and the flowers are really pretty!

Ginny said...

Such a pretty card! I love how you sponged the corners to give it those shadows so your eye really focuses on "Friends". Just beautiful.

Virginia L. said...

Hi Lisa! This card is awesome!! I love how oyu used the embossed background and copic coloring!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays!! I hope to see more of your fabulous work in our upcoming challenges!

01 09 10