Friday, July 15, 2011

Free For All Challenge #73

My children say I never really "WATCH" my tv show or movie. "Mom you just stare at the wall". Translation....my craft area is in the family room against the back wall. I make cards ALOT while watching my favorite shows Martha Stewart, Criminal Minds, So You Think You Can Dance... They don't think I'm paying attention...but I listen!

I made this card for today's FREE FOR ALL CHALLENGE #73 on Splitcoaststampers while I was watching CSINY. It was even one I had not seen before...a plus. Hee.

Today's challenge is TWINE. So I decided to use this brand new release BIRTHDAY PARTY from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS using the banner from the set. This set is packed with birthday images from cake to ice cream cones with banners in between.

I made the banner by folding my DP over and stamped the each banner right up to the fold and cut out. I then colored the dots in brown, sponged the edges and glued each banner with the twine in between. (I learned this technique watching a Martha Stewart show BTW).

RECIPE:
STAMPS:Birthday Party (Clear Dollar Stamps)
PAPER:Cottonball White, Hot Cocoa (Clear Dollar Stamps), Country Drive (Echo Park)
INK:Memento Rich Cocoa (from Clear Dollar Stamps), Tim Holtz Walnut Stain, Copic E29 (from Clear Dollar Stamps)
ACCESSORIES:Sponge, Martha Stewart Baker's Twine, Painter's Tape
TECHNIQUES:Masking, Sponging

2 comments:

A Consuming Passion said...

Oh I used to look at a wall too but I've turned my table so I lok into the garden........shame the weather is a bit grim but Summer's coming!!!!
I really love this little card CAS perfection I think!
Hope you're well!

Unknown said...

Love it girlfriend! :)

Hugs,
True :D

01 09 10