Monday, August 1, 2011

Clean And Simple Challenge #129

I love Mondays...because its time for my favorite Challenge...
The Clean And Simple Challenge on SCS.

I also played in DARE TO GET DIRTY 2011...challenges that are open all week to SCS Fan Club Members. You can find all the details on how to become a Fan Club Member HERE.


Today's Theme is BELATED BIRTHDAYS.
I usually make my card Sunday night...however my first idea just was not turning out. Know what I mean? So I slept on it and this is what I came up with.

I am using the brand new release BIRTHDAY CAKE SWIRLS from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS. This awesome sentiment is from the sent BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION.

I stamped the cake four times on Worn Parchment, colored, cut out parts and popped up on the corner only of the card.

RECIPE:
Stamps/Images: Birthday Cake Swirls, Birthday Celebration (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Cardstock/Papers:Worn Parchment, Cottonball White (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Inks/Markers: Memento Tuxedo Black (from Clear Dollar Stamps), Tim Holtz Walnut Stain, Copics: Y17 Bee Pollen, E37 Mud Pie, RV04 Tickled Pink
Accents/Tools:Sponge, Martha Stewart Baker's Twine, Scotch Dimensional Tape
Techniques:Sponging, Paper Tole



5 comments:

Jenny said...

Terrific card, love the off the edge stamping and a brilliant sentiment...very back-handed, lol.
Jenny x

Dawn B. said...

This is perfect Lisa. I love the twine with your birthday cake. Great layout. Hope you are feeling much better these days..Sending hugs.

Alice said...

love the design. super card!

Anonymous said...

Hilarious, what a fab sentiment! The cake looks totally awesome, almost good enough to eat!

*Alison* said...

Lisa,
This is amazing!! You are so crazy talented.. I love how you stamped the image on the edge.. and that sentiment is so funny!! :) this is wonderful..LOVE IT!!
BTW-You totally rock everything you do, you should totally try a twine sucker.. I know it would be great! HUGS:)

01 09 10