Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Paper Smooches September Guest Designer Search


My kidney stone saga continues...I am now scheduled for blasting of them in a couple weeks. I am pretty fatigued with this going on for 5 weeks but of course I found time to make another card for the PAPER SMOOCHES SEPTEMBER GD SEARCH.

All images are from the Paper Smooches' stamp set SANTA PAWS. I just love this set. I am having so much fun using it to create Christmas cards so far anyway. The way Paper Smooches sets are made...they can be used with each other and in ways you would not imagine. I love that.

I love how this scene turned out...the little mouse hoping the gifts are cheese. Hee. I used the direct to paper ink technique for the floor for the first time. I like it.

RECIPE:
STAMP:Santa Paws (Paper Smooches)
PAPER:Cottonball White (Clear Dollar Stamps), Fly A Kite (October Afternoon), Jovial (Basic Grey)
INK:Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain
ACCESSORIES: Tim Holtz Blending Tool, Spellbinders square nestabilities, Scotch dimensional tape, Mini brads

THANK YOU FOR VISITING MY BLOG TODAY. ENJOY YOUR DAY!

5 comments:

Shawn said...

Lisa, I would like to send you one of the No More Shims Embossing Mats that we now carry at Scor-Pal. I noticed you used a metal plate and mentioned running something through 10 times to emboss well this will solve the problem, no more shims and one pass will give you amazing deep embossing. Just drop me a line at ladydian@shaw.ca. Thank you for your wonderful support for Scor-Pal Products. I LOVED your projects!!!
hugs, Diana
hugs, Diana

Anonymous said...

Love your card! Awesome paper pieced mouse!... makes me realize that I need to start thinking about starting Xmas cards myself...

Cassie said...

Sorry you're having to go through the blasting, but you should hopefully feel better soon after that. The blasting made all the difference for me. I'll keep praying it goes smoothly and gives you relief quickly, Lisa.

Your card, on the other hand, is simply adorable! You always come up with the most clever ideas. If I lived within a days drive, I would be at your house crafting with you, my friend, so that I could soak up some 'Lisa genius' :D

Kecia said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!
I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Melissa said...

Hahaha! That is GREAT! :) What a cute scene!!! Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

01 09 10