Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Tools of Hope

Have you heard of the HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO CHALLENGES at splitcoaststampers? It is a month of challenges (October) for you to create cards and send them to a cancer center for Breast cancer patients. Isn't that awesome.
And there are even
prizes.
LEARN ABOUT IT HERE!

I finally found some time to play in the HOPE YOU CAN CLING TO CHALLENGE #25. Jeanne's challenge is to make a Birthday card.

I went with a masculine birthday card...no pink though. In fact I just didn't even think to put any pink on it. Oh well.

I used the awesome set MIX 'N' MUGS by FLOURISHES. I stamped it four times and colored and cut out different pieces of it for dimension. I sponged all my edges, glued them all together them popped them up on my card and added dimensional glaze for a little pizazz. I drew my black line with a 3/4" border all around first then adhered my image. I just love this set.

RECIPE:
STAMPS:Mix 'n' Mugs (Flourishes)
PAPER:Cottonball White (Clear Dollar Stamps)
INK:Memento Tuxedo Black (from Clear Dollar Stamps), ZIG Millenium Black pen .05, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain, Marvy LePlume Alcohol Markers AG873, AG875, AG877, OY844, YG15, R818, G653
ACCESSORIES:Tim Holtz Blender Tool, Dimensional Glaze, Scotch Dimensional Tape
TECHNIQUES:Paper Tole

THANK YOU FOR VISITING. ENJOY YOUR DAY!

5 comments:

*Alison* said...

Lisa,
This is simply amazing! I love the border and the man feel you have is brilliant .. :) hugs

marilynprestonn said...

Cool birthday card for the guy in our life! Mine is a so sweet handy man around the house. He, he, he! Love the way you colored the tools and made this cas fabulous! :)Peggy

Rosemary said...

what a really fun card, lisa! so very clever...

Jenny said...

Fab card Lisa, cute positioning of the stamps :)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Fab CAS design! Love the glaze finish and the box border!

01 09 10