Friday, November 11, 2011

FLAKES FROM HEAVEN


I played in one of the VSN Mini Challenges today. I just could not resist the challenge A MARSHMALLOW WORLD.

The challenge was to make an all white card with no more than 25% color. And you had to have some bling...sparkle. My bit of sparkle is a strip of glitter on the top of my torn snow panel and crystal stickers on my snowflakes. I absolutely love this stamp JUMBO SNOWMAN from STAMPENDOUS. You can shape him the way you want to get different snowman shapes. Love that. This was one of the first stamps I ever got.

My sentiment is from this cute set SEASON'S TWEETINGS from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS.

I stamped the nose a second time and colored, cut out, sponged the edges and popped up. That is my color although I know black is a color with my outline and sentiment. It is an easy card. It took me 25 minutes. A record for me.

RECIPE:
STAMPS:Season's Tweetings (Clear Dollar Stamps), Jumbo Snowman (Stampendous)
PAPER:Cottonball White (Clear Dollar Stamps)
INK:Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Ink Walnut Stain, Copic YR04
ACCESSORIES:Scotch dimensional tape, Glitter, Crystal stickers
TECHNIQUES:Tearing, Sponging, CAS

THANK YOU FOR VISITING. ENJOY YOUR DAY!

7 comments:

Debbie Carriere said...

So adorable! That giant snowman's fantastic!

Rosemary said...

your snowman is just adorable, lisa!! love the glitter strip you added to the snow... perfect touch!

Kathy Bradley said...

Lisa,
So very cute - and your card just made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

Kathy Bradley said...

Oh, Lisa, I was playing with your little piggy - he is totally adorable. Hugs, Kathy.

Jenny said...

Hey you just reminded me that I have this stamp...uninked! can you believe it!!!
Cool card Lisa, he's great for this challenge :)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Another fabulous sentiment, Love it!

Anonymous said...

A wonderful CAS card, love the sentiment!

01 09 10