Monday, March 12, 2012

BLUE BUTTERFLY FOR HARRIET

This is my card for two challenges. Ever make a card and you don't LOVE it? This is one of those. I have a compression fracture of my thorasic vertebrae after my cold...probably from coughing and am just not feeling very well. Boo Hoo.

So first this card is for this week's FEATURED STAMPER HARRIET aka hskelly.
Congratulations my sweet friend!

I cased THIS card by Harriet.

My Changes:
I added a black mat layer
used blues on my bfly
randomly stamped my sentiment behind my bfly

This is also for today's CLEAN AND SIMPLE CHALLENGE ON SCS.....WHITE AND SHADES OF BLUES.

RECIPE:
Stamps: Beautiful Butterflies, Hot Air Balloon (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Paper: Night Eclipse, Cottonball White (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, copics B14, B29, B05
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Bold Butterflies die set, CB Houndstooth Embossing Folder
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Paper Piercing

THANK YOU FOR VISITING. ENJOY YOUR DAY!

6 comments:

Rosemary said...

not sure why you don't love this card, lisa because it is pretty amazing in my book!!

Debbie Carriere said...

Well, I love it!! Great added detail with the piercing!

Lynette said...

I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling the best, Lisa:( Sure hope you're better soon! Yes, I know the feeling of finishing a card and not really liking it! This one is great, though. I was so happy for Harriet that she was FS this week!

Annette Allen said...

lovely card..that butterfly is amazing..

Dawn @ LilyPinkScraps said...

Gorgeous butterfly!! I had a suspected fracture from coughing tthis winter - really hurt for weeks :( Hope ypu feel better soon :)

Anonymous said...

I think your butterfly is beautiful Lisa! So sorry to hear about your fracture,hope you feel better real soon!

01 09 10