Friday, April 5, 2013

FUSION GUEST DESIGNER

There's a new challenge in town
Come check out this new challenge by Lesley Croghan and Jackie Rockwell and play along. 

I am so happy to be a Guest Designer for the very first FUSION CHALLENGE

My card is made using Jackie's Sketch.
I must say Jackie's sketch had me stumped at first. I had to really think on it.  These Chevrons reminded me of rippled sand lines so I went with that and these adorable crabs from The Alley Way Stamps. 

Here is my inside.  

I used two sets from The Alley Way Stamps

RECIPE:
STAMPS:Sea Mates, Background Basics (The Alley Way Stamps)
PAPER:Kraft, White (Papertrey Ink)
INK: VersaMark, Copics R27, YR04
 ACCESSORIES:Dimensional Tape, Crop-A-Dile Corner Chomper (We R Memory Keepers), Crystal Effects, Dew Drops (The Robin's Egg), Top Boss White Embossing Powder, Anti-Static Embossing Pouch, Google Eyes, 1" circle punch
TECHNIQUES:Heat Embossing

 Be sure to check out the link at the top and find out who the other two Guest Designers are today! 
THANK YOU FOR VISITING. ENJOY YOUR DAY. 

19 comments:

Ardyth said...

Love the chevrons as ocean waves - very clever! Great FUSION of the two challenges!

Tracey McNeely said...

Lisa your card is as cute as can be and i LOVE that you decorated the inside. This is going to be a fun week.

Ally said...

Such a fun, fun take on this sketch, Lisa. ;-) I love the Kraft with the chevrons and those bright little crabs. Nicely done!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Hi Lisa! Oh how cute this is! Those little crabs and the sentiment make me smile. I see what you mean about the chevrons looking like sand. :)

Rosemary said...

Darn cute card, Lisa! Congrats on your DT spot!

Nana said...

What a darling CAS card.

Have a creative day.
Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Unknown said...

Super cute. I love the sentiment.

~amy~ said...

Oh my goodness...this is way too fun!

Lyndal said...

FAB card Lisa - LOVE the wavy chevrons & gorgeous TAWS crabs :)

Kay Miller said...

what a darling card! I love those cute little crabs! Such a fun take on the sketch! So happy to have you as a guest designer with us for the first Fusion challenge! :)

lostinpaper said...

How exciting Lisa and what a great 'fusion'!

Lesley said...

Oh Lisa, I just love that you saw the sand lines in Jackie's sketch! How clever!! Great card, so happy to have you with us as a Guest Designer this week!
Smiles,
Lesley

Michelle said...

This is so cute, Lisa! I love those cute crabs, the subtle chevron background, and the cheeky sentiment.

Dawn Easton said...

eek! How cute is this?! Love it! Brilliant!

Loll said...

So very cute Lisa. Love the chevron "ripples" - just perfect. Loll xx

Darnell said...

Congratulations, Lisa, on the guest designer spot! Your card is fantastic. I would never know you were stumped for a bit!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey Stranger! Congrats on the gig! Very CUTE with the crabs~

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHH! I LOOOOOOOOOOVE the little crabs with that chevron design! FAB card:)

ps.. THANKS so much for stopping by my blog!!! Your comment made my day:) <3

Jenny said...

congrats on being invited to guest design for the first challenge Lisa... love those crabs placed along the chevron design, very cute :0)
Jenny x

01 09 10