Monday, February 22, 2010

Technique Lovers Challenge #261

I just had to play in today's Technique Lover's Challenge and see what I could make with my punches. For some wonderful ideas check out Meredith's display charts.

I got the inspiration from Meredith's tree. Then I added a couple more scallop pieces for dimension. So, I punched out two scallops one from a darker green dp and one from a lighter green dp. The darker one is left whole and is the base. The second one I punched out two small pieces that look like clouds by feeding the scallop back into the punch. I then sponged around the edges.

For the trunk, I just cut out my own shape. I used dimensionals to give the tree dimension. For the apples, I punched 1/8" circles from red paper, glued them on, then added dimensional glaze. This was fun.

For my sentiments, I used this wonderful set WORDS OF GRATITUDE from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS.

RECIPE:
Stamps:
Words of Gratitude (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Paper: Neenah Solar White (from Clear Dollar Stamps), Black (DCWV), Summer Travel pad (K&Company)
Ink: Basic Black, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Only Orange, Close To Cocoa, Certainly Celery (Stampin Up)
Accessories: Scallop punch (Stampin Up), Mini brad (Recollections asst from Michaels), Sponge, EK border punch, 1/8" circle punch, Dimensional Glaze (inkessentials), Dimensionals
Techniques: Punch art, sponging

1 comment:

Crystal said...

OOOOWEEE Lisa love this tree what a fabulous design girl!!! Hugs!

01 09 10