Monday, September 27, 2010

CANDY CANE CHRISTMAS

I made this card for today's Clean And Simple Challenge. It is inspired by this card by cookiebaker

I used this yummy new release CANDY CANE POEM from CLEAR DOLLAR STAMPS.

For my back panel I made pleats with my dp and stitched over the top with jute string. I then printed out my candy cane, colored it, cut it out and popped it up over my panel. Then made a bow and adhered to the candy cane. It needed a sentiment so I printed it out and cut into pieces. Then popped up every other piece for dimension.

RECIPE:Stamps/Images: Candy Cane Poem Digital Image (Clear Dollar Stamps)
Cardstock/Papers:Cottonball White, Mossy Woods, Basic Grey Bittersweet (all from Clear Dollar Stamps)
Inks/Markers: Printer, Copics R20, R29, YG67 (from Clear Dollar Stamps)
Accents/Tools:Paper Piercer, Mouse Pad, Needle. Red Jute String, Red Strawberry Jam (from Clear Dollar Stamps), Dimensionals, Score Tape
Techniques: Stitching, Pleats

3 comments:

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful. The white really makes the candy cane stand out.

Kevin Renz said...

Another great one Lisa!

Crystal said...

OOO LOVE that candy cane Lisa and the way you did your sentiment looks GREAT!!!!! Another fabby card sweetie!

01 09 10