Thursday, January 13, 2011

LOVE FOR KATIE

I told you I'd be back after I purchased the HELP FOR KATIE digi bundle from jakheath.com. Here is a card I made using the cute digi Lollipop We Love You Mommy by LORi Designs. This is one of 20 wonderful digis you will get when you purchase the bundle and have all the proceeds go to Katie's family. Money well spent I say.

So the funny thing is this card started with that one little flower. Hee. I was headed to Mothermark's Teapot Tuesday Teaparty 128 for Katie. So I made my flower with the gold.

Then I wanted to use one of the digis from the HELP FOR KATIE digi bundle I purchased Monday. My asthma flared up and threw my plans back a few days.

So I used the SCS's Sketch Challenge 315 to use with my digi and flower. So I went to work on it...I did not have it done yet by this evening so I checked the WAYS TO USE IT CHALLENGE 305 BUTTERFLY BLISS and decided to add some butterflies. I just used them from a couple border punches.

Then.................I thought I'd check the FREE FOR ALL CHALLENGE 47 TEXTURIZE ME and realized all I had to do was add one more embossing folder to my card. I had the heart embossed bg already. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....I thought....and realized I could color another heart and emboss that. So that is what I did.

So my card evolved over the past few days. Hee. Pretty funny.

RECIPE:
Stamps:
Digi by LORi Designs Lollipop We Love You Mommy (HELP FOR KATIE digi bundle from jakheath.com)
Paper: Tangelo Smoothie, Raging River, Lime Juice, Cottonball White, Night Eclipse (Clear Dollar Stamps), Metallic Gold (DCWV)
Ink: VersaMark, Printer, Copic E15,E25, E47, E00, E53, R20, G05, YG06, YR31, Y17, B14, BG05, B00, B01, N0, N4
Accessories: Cuttlebug, Blooming Bouquet Die Set (Clear Dollar Stamps), Stampendous Jeweled Gold Transparent Embossing Powder, Heat Tool, Gold Metal Flower grommets, mini brads, score tape (from Clear Dollar Stamps), Spellbinders small rectangle nestabilities, Martha
Techniques: Dry Embossing, Heat Embossing,Copic coloring, Paper Tole, Stitching

2 comments:

Cassie said...

Awww, this is so cute, Lisa! I need to print off a bunch of the images too! Only a couple more weeks to raise up a bunch more money for our Katie-poo and her family! Thanks for the inspiration :D

LORi said...

I LOVE it...what a neat surprise!! i am thrilled!!
Hugs - LORi

01 09 10