Monday, June 22, 2015

SPDCCC02 - Summer Pencils

Its time for this month's Color Challenge at SugarPea Designs.
I just love pencils - who could pass up these beauties from the Target $ spot?
I knew I wanted to use them for this month's color challenge.  So I put them in a jelly jar and made a tag using circles from SugarCuts Layered Treat Labels Die and  a sentiment from the new set Teddy Bear Picnic.
 
 
For the sunshine, I cut out a larger circle using a Spellbinders die.
I traced my smaller circle on it lightly then cut little triangle notches below the line all around.
Then I just used a dimensional to pop it up on the sunshine background. I got this ideal from Jennifer McGuire. If you don't follow her blog you should.

Can you see the tiny dot border?
I masked the sentiment to fit on the circle.
 
Supplies
Stamps: Teddybear Picnic (SugarPea Designs)   Paper:  DCWV Basics, Harvest Gold (Papertrey Ink), Recollections White 110# (Michaels)   Ink: Versafine Onyx Black   Accessories: SugarCuts Layered Treat Labels Die (SugarPea Designs), Cuttlebug, Scotch dimensional tape, Twine 
 
Play along with any stamp you like - but if you use SugarPea Designs, we'll top your voucher up to $15!
Combine our challenge with any other challenge(s)!
Upload to your blog or other online gallery using keyword: SPDCCC02 so that we may check out your beautiful work
Add your link to the linkup on the SugarPea Blog. You'll find our current challenges on the sidebar.

Teddybear Picnic
Teddybear Picnic
SugarCuts Layered Treat Labels Die
SugarCuts Layered Treat Labels Die


 


10 comments:

Tracey McNeely said...

Adorable jar of pencils Lisa! Love the simple and fabulous tag!

~amy~ said...

Super cute Lisa!!!

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

OMGosh so super cute!

Annette Allen said...

so totally fun..

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, my gosh, those pencils are so cute! What a fabulous gift for a gingham lover, and who doesn't love gingham? The sun makes the most darling, happy tag!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Totally fun! Those pencils do scream Summer~ :)

Loll said...

Adorable. Love those pencils!! xx

Jen Mitchell said...

I love pencils too! This is such a fun idea for a pencil holder.

Anni said...

Sooo cute!
Anni

Lola said...

This would make sure a great teacher's gift! Just lovely.

01 09 10